Book Review | The Oracle of Oil

Living in highly technological civilizations that generally place the greatest importance and value upon the material gadgetry and inventiveness of our societies, it should come as little surprise that the luminaries and household names that we can readily conjure and associate with are those related to the technological aspects of our lives. For example, when one mentions the telephone, the light bulb, the automobile, the airplane, or nuclear bombs, it's likely that many a grade-schooler can rhyme off the names Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, the Wright brothers, and, perhaps, Albert Einstein.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://fromfilmerstofarmers.com/book-review-the-oracle-of-oil/

So tell us Allan, did you spot the factual errors in Mason’s work, or are you just taking the bait hook, line and sinker?

Not only “hook, line and sinker,” but according to The New York Times, I might even be victim to “the power of groupthink”! Check out the reviews of the book by The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. Unfortunately I’ve got gnarly feet which aren’t very good at toeing lines. Woe is me I suppose.